Monday, June 23, 2014

laser listening bunny sculpture



My bunny has big ears, and she is such a good listener!  

I made this sculpture with items I found at the shore.  There are broken dishes in green, blue and white; broken glass in green and brown; there are also shells, rocks, wood, seed pods and a feather.  Of course, I could not stop at hot glue, grout and acrylic paint!  I just had to add lasers!!!!!  
The substrate is a wooden fruit crate, which has cute round holes that were perfect for a light sensor and a speaker.  I essentially made a laser communicator hidden in a bunny sculpture, which I used to wirelessly transmit music 100 feet away!  I had to do it at night, because I kept losing track of the laser.  In the end I taped the laser transmitter to the roof of my car and moved the receiver bunny into the laser stream on my neighbor's porch.  Check out the video link below the pictures to see how I did it.  

Did you know that NASA can stream video to the moon and back using lasers and satellites? 
You can make a similar "Data Communicator" with infrared (IR) led's.  








No comments:

Post a Comment