Sunday, June 1, 2014

Police Lights and Talking Box - first littleBits projects

My first littleBits projects were made with all DIY littleBits

Police Lights: 

You can make this simple flashing led circuit with the following littleBits modules: power + pulse + RGB led + inverter + long led with a marker cap on it.


Talking Emotional IQ Box:
To make an Emotional IQ Box (marshmallow test).   You could also make a fridge light and a box with an alarm to keep your stuff secure.  This is Jack's favorite circuit so far.  He loves that the box says "Uh Oh!" in my voice when he opens it.  He asks me all the time to re-create this circuit.

The basic circuit is:  power + button + timeout + roller switch + buzzer

You can make your own with littleBits modules!

 

Instead of a buzzer, I hacked a dollar store voice reminder to say whatever I want.  I removed the voice reminder's built in switch, and disconnected the power wires from the battery box and hooked up then to the signal and ground wires of littleBits.

Clearly, I am just having fun putting marshmallows in my talking box.  If you wanted to use this for a real psychological test for school, you would need to use a timer and follow a script.  Click on this article about how effective the "Marshmallow Test" is at predicting future success.


No comments:

Post a Comment